Wednesday, February 4, 2009

11 Random Things About Living in Tennessee

1. You might see cowboys pull up to the liquor store on horseback. 
2. It's very difficult to find music on the radio that isn't country, Christian or whiny-boy "rock."
3. It can be 20 degrees one day and 57 the next.
4. It's dark. Very dark. It makes driving a bit scary, but on the upside, you can see millions of stars. 
5. When introduced to children, they are expected to call you Miss First Name or Mr. First Name. 
6. Most people wave even if they don't know you.
7. People will say hi to you in the store (even if they don't know you and whether or not they work there).
8. Trains are louder than I thought. 
9. I have regained my love of pork sausage. I was on the turkey variety for so long, I'd forgotten what the real thing tasted like. 
10. Camouflage is so popular here that even teenage girls wear it. 
11.  Dry counties that make exceptions for beer make no exceptions on Sunday.

1 comment: